ANNOUNCING THE 2018-2019 STN COLLABORATIVE DOCUMENTARY:
Finding a Positive Mindset
Apply by November 30
Each year, STN students collaborate on a documentary project where several schools produce segments on a common topic.
We will be looking for stories that show how people exhibit traits consistent with a positive outlook despite factors that may interfere.
There are many traits and characteristics associated with a positive mindset, including:
· Optimism: a willingness to make an effort and take a chance instead of assuming your efforts won’t pay off.
· Acceptance: acknowledging that things don’t always turn out how you want them to, but learning from your mistakes.
· Resilience: bouncing back from adversity, disappointment, and failure instead of giving up.
· Gratitude: actively, continuously appreciating the good things in your life.
· Consciousness/Mindfulness: dedicating the mind to conscious awareness and enhancing the ability to focus.
· Integrity: the trait of being honorable, righteous, and straightforward, instead of deceitful and self-serving.
Tenacious Teens: Don't Underestimate Us!
The New Safe: Inside the Battle for School Security
No Limits: A New View of Disability
Fighting Poverty One Community at a Time
STN encourages students to tackle issues that can in some way effect change. By working collaboratively, students will learn how to share responsibility for workflow and how to produce a piece that is required to fit in a larger project. These are important skills for real-world employment and success. This is a great opportunity to learn more about documentary filmmaking while making a positive impact in our communities.