STN Craft Achievement Award
CRAFT ACHIEVEMENT EVALUATIONS
STN offers members the opportunity
to have their content evaluated.
All entries are judged to a standard
and awarded gold, silver, bronze or no award.
Broadcast Journalism, Film, Media,
Online Newspaper, etc.
DEADLINE: JUNE 5, 2019.
5:00 PM PACIFIC TIME
STN assists affiliate programs in their pursuit of professional growth
and recognizes those that have excelled in the craft of film, video and media production.
RULES & REGULATIONS
STN is looking to assist affiliate programs in their pursuit of professional growth and recognize those that have excelled in the craft of film, video and media production.
Affiliate programs that produce a variety of media content may submit a web URL to be reviewed as part of the STN Craft Achievement Evaluation Program.
Programs will be evaluated and some will be recognized based on a set forth criteria. This is not a head-to-head contest. It is an evaluation and critique program.
Submissions that meet the criteria will be rated Gold, Silver or Bronze. If an entry does not meet the criteria, then no medal will be granted. All program affiliates who submit a program URL will receive detailed written feedback from an STN Veteran Teacher/Professional.
Entries must be submitted online in the form of web content. Judges will spend between 10-30 minutes browsing the website and evaluating the content.
Websites may include samples of ANY type of media production, including but not limited to, short films, animations, cultural pieces, educational programs, public service announcements, commercials, documentaries, entertainment segments, live events, video yearbooks and news productions.
The judges are looking for programs that show excellence in the following criteria:
● Content Creativity
● Content Diversity
● Technical Complexity
● Overall Impression
Websites should be populated with content that gets the viewer's attention and keeps it. Segments should represent what your program does on a regular basis. Websites may be created specifically for this contest, but the video content must be 100% student work, not professional.
The overall impact of the samples within the website will be the focus of the judging process. This is not a website design contest. Judges will be looking at video content, not website design. Youtube, Vimeo, ESE or any other service provider page is acceptable. Review all STN copyright rules before submitting.
● Compile and create a website that features student media produced during the school year. Any website platform may be used.
● Register and submit the program website URL by logging into the STN Dashboard.
● Entries will be evaluated by an STN Veteran Teacher/Professional. Craft Achievement results will be announced and published on the STN website in in the Fall of 2019. All decisions by Judges and STN are final.
● Registration is for current affiliates and must be completed through the STN Dashboard. Only teachers should access the dashboard.
● Submissions cost $35 and must be paid with a credit card at the time of registration. This fee is not refundable should an affiliate decide not to enter OR if the submission deadline is missed for any reason.
● All submissions must be registered and complete by 5pm PST on June 5, 2019.