STN CHALLENGE TOPICS
HS/MS FEATURE STORY
One in a Million
HS SPORTS FEATURE STORY
Never Say Never
HS SHORT FILM
Do the Math
HS/MS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
End Plastic Pollution
HS/MS MUSIC VIDEO
by The State of Now
[See links to the song above]
[You must use the song as provided.]
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 18 by 5:00 PM Pacific
ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHALLENGE?
Here’s how it works:
There are 8 STN Challenge categories:
Middle School Feature Story (max 3:00)
All contests will be awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd and, if applicable, Honorable Mention. If the entries do not meet STN standards, the judges may elect to award less or no awards.
REGISTER FOR THE CHALLENGE!
This contest is Pre-Registration ONLY. Teams must sign up and commit to the Challenge BEFORE the contest begins. You must know the names of your team members in order to register and you CANNOT change any of the names after the deadline.
Affiliates may enter one team in each category, with no more than 4 students on a team. Individual students may participate in only one Challenge category per membership.
Each entry costs $20 and must be paid with a credit card at the time of registration. This fee is not refundable should you decide not to enter a video in the Challenge OR if you miss the deadline OR if registered team members become unavailable during the contest period, for any reason.
CHALLENGE TOPICS announced October 19 on STN Website and Social Media: Facebook.com/studenttelevisionnetwork
CHALLENGE RULES & REGULATIONS
● Entries may not exceed the time limit above
● All interviews and video footage must be shot by the team, during the contest period. No file footage or clips from other media outlets or parts of previous stories or projects may be used. Still pictures are permitted for back story.
● Advisers may not shoot, write or edit any part of a challenge entry. This is a “hands-off “contest and must be 100% student produced.
● To review Rules and Regulations that apply to all contests visit the contest page on the STN website.
● Only teachers may access the STN Dashboard Upload System. No students please!
● Entries must be submitted by 5:00 pm Pacific time on October 24, 2018 using the STN Upload System in the STN Dashboard at www.studenttelevision.org*
Entries should tie into the topic. Strong stories will grab the viewer's attention and keep it. Beginning, middle and end, as well as the overall pacing are important. Sound should provide insight, the visuals must be compelling and the story should be focused. Winning entries will meet the following criteria:
● Excellent content that tells a story.
● Excellent production values.
● Strong connection to the topic.
● Overall impact and professionalism.
Please refer to the judging criteria on the next few pages for a complete description of the specific contest category expectations. The winning entries will be announced and promoted on the STN website and will receive applicable plaques or certificates.
For the latest STN information, follow us!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE
STN 2017-2018 CHALLENGE WINNERS!