2011-2012 EXCELLENCE WINNERS
Daily Live Show
Daily Taped Show
Middle School Show
STN Excellence Awards
2012-2013 STN Excellence Awards
The Rules & Regulations for submission of entries are outlined in this document. Entries that do not adhere to the Rules & Regulations are subject to loss of points and/or disqualification by the judges. All decisions by the judges are final. The Board of Directors of Student Television Network reserves the right to change or amend these Rules & Regulations, at any time, and without notice.
- High School affiliates may enter 1 category per member program. High Schools may not enter the Middle School category.
- Affiliates may not submit compilation or “Best of” shows; a program entry should not be based on segments taken from previous broadcasts and should not include any entry already submitted in any previous STN contest.
- Affiliate members should not be creating an entry specifically for this contest. Entries must represent a typical broadcast for your program.
- All shows must include a date stamp to verify that they aired within the contest dates. The date stamp can be presented verbally by anchors or in a graphic.
- All shows should be 5-30 minutes in length. Judges are not required to view more than 10 minutes of the show.
- Advisers may not shoot, write or edit any part of an Excellence entry. This is a hands-off contest and must be 100% student produced.
All Excellence entries must be submitted online using the STN Link to the U.S. Education TV website. The upload will be available by link from the affiliate dashboard. Please follow the directions for entry preparation and upload. We cannot make allowances for technical upload issues. We suggest you clear the FTP site with your school’s IT department well in advance of the contest deadline. The ftp site is ftp.useducationtv.com port 21. This contest requires a test upload in advance of the deadline. Please log in via your dashboard for instructions.
- Contest entries are subject to United States Copyright Laws and may be disqualified or lose points for disregarding these laws. Please refer to our copyright policies at http://www.studenttelevision.com/about/copyright.html. Also review the contest policies for all STN contests on the website.
- There is a $15 fee for Excellence submissions.
Monthly – Live to tape or edited, but submitted as aired. No compilations or “best of” shows.
Middle School – Any Middle School show, of any frequency, may be submitted. Live to tape or edited, but submitted as aired. No compilations or “best of” shows.
Judging the Excellence Award
- Excellent content and storytelling.
- Excellent production values and creativity.
- Demonstration of journalistic integrity and courage.
- Strong overall impact and professionalism.